The Wayne G. Basler Incentive Scholarship was established in 1992 by a long-time friend of the university, Mr. Wayne G. Basler. The major intent of the scholarship is to reward an entering freshman of any age who can (1) demonstrate the desire, determination, and motivation to set and complete personal goals, and (2) who have a defined need for the scholarship. In addition, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be an incoming freshman or student who has completed 19 or fewer hours in a degree program as of December 2009.
- Be enrolled full-time (12 or more semester hours) or be accepted for full-time enrollment in the Bachelor of Science degree program in the Department of Engineering Technology, Surveying and Digital Media at East Tennessee State University.
- Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status.
- Submit a written application by the deadline and be available if called for an interview.
The scholarship amounts are as follows:
- First year: $2000 ($1000 per semester)
- Second year: $2500 ($1250 per semester)
- Third year: $3500 ($1750 per semester)
- Fourth year: $5000 ($2500 per semester)