The Creative Arts Scholarship in Digital Media allows out-of-state students to pay in-state tuition. ETSU and Digital Media are committed to providing excellent training and experiences for students in the digital arts. This scholarship provides out-of-state students with the complete cost of out-of-state portion of tuition, so recipients pay the same rate as Tennessee residents. Students who are participating in another program which covers out-of-state tuition, such as the Academic Common Market, border waiver, or Honors-in-Discipline, are not eligible. Students must be new to ETSU to qualify for the scholarship; already enrolled students are not qualified. This scholarship has a value of approximately $9,000 per semester.
This scholarship is good for transfer students, and for international students.
Qualifying for the Scholarship: Students awarded a Creative Arts Scholarship in Digital Media are required to:
- Be non-Tennessee residents;
- Major or minor in Digital Media;
- Have a cumulative high school gpa of 2.5;
- Submit a short essay (< 500 words) describing their career goals in digital media;
- Be 1st-time ETSU students;
- Register for at least 15 hours per semester;
- Be accepted to ETSU;
- Incoming freshmen are required to live on campus for their freshmen year only. (ETSU provides an Arts Living & Learning Community. Recipients are not required to live there, but may choose to do so.);
- Incoming freshmen are required to purchase a meal plan.
Retaining Your Scholarship: Students awarded a Creative Arts Scholarship in Digital Media are evaluated every semester to ensure that they:
- Maintain a B average in their DIGM coursework;
- Maintain a C average overall;
- As Juniors and Seniors, scholarship students participate in our tutoring program to assist Freshman and Sophomores.
Applying: Fill out this Google Docs form.